The Project Detail Assistant is responsible for the overall handling and maintenance of company documents pertaining to assigned project(s). This position is significant to the flow of work product between the engineering, design and electrical departments. The Project Detail Assistant’s focal responsibility is to assist and support management in overseeing projects from inception to final completion with the utmost professionalism and client servicing capabilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sets up and maintains project files following an established file indexing system.
- Prepares and issues Request for Quote (RFQs), Purchase Orders (POs), Change Orders (COs) and Transmittals.
- Prepares and distributes quotation and bid packages for evaluation.
- Assists Project Lead or Facilitator, and other departments, with copying and distribution of drawings and other documentation as needed.
- Receives, logs, distributes and returns approved drawings.
- Processes invoices in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supports the Receptionist in receiving and forwarding phone calls and the general maintenance of common work areas as needed.
- Assists other Project Assistants and Project Management to meet departmental deadlines and goals.
- Provides clerical support such as copying, filing, binder compilation and other tasks, as assigned.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and familiarity with project database software such as Prolog, Deltek Vision or similar.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as technical writing and documentation skills.
- General understanding of projects, contracts terms, concepts, terminology and standards.
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Must be highly motivated, customer focused, able to prioritize, detailed, capable of multitasking and able to follow through on all tasks to completion.