A civil engineer II is responsible for the design and conformance of civil equipment and materials within a company project. The civil engineer II will be involved in multiple projects simultaneously, with projects at different stages, at any given time. A civil engineer II is expected to handle routine job functions with little technical assistance and is expected to work under the general supervision of the vice president of engineering.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design concrete foundations for towers, skidded equipment, horizontal vessels, compressors, guy wire anchors, buildings, etc. This will include shallow mat foundations, slab and pile caps with drilled piers.
- Design of structural steel for skids, pipe racks, cold boxes and misc steel supports. This includes bolted/welded connections and lifting lugs.
- Provide critical site data relative to wind and earthquake loads (ASCE 7) to mechanical and process engineers for vessel design.
- Development of site grading plans.
- Review geotechnical studies, concrete batch designs and other related studies.
- Review requests for quote; make purchasing recommendations; and review purchase orders prior to their issuance to vendors related to all civil engineering functions.
- Perform on-site inspections and inspections at fabrication facilities, as required.
- Educate and train other team members, as necessary.
- Familiar with appropriate company and industry codes; and ensure conformance of specified systems and equipment.
- Work with the project detail group to solicit quotations for all components from potential suppliers, as predetermined by other engineering, design, project management personnel and this position.
- Complete evaluations of returned quotations and make selections based on that evaluation; then return completed evaluation forms to project management for review and final approval.
- After final approval, provide final specifications including equipment specifications, selected vendors, pricing and any other pertinent data to the project detail group for execution of the purchase of the required equipment.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of ongoing client process operations, as required.
- Participate in project meetings at the request of the project manager.
- Prepare for daily interaction with other engineering, design, project detail, project managers and fabrication personnel, as well as vendors.
The civil engineer II maintains relationships with the BCCK staff, as well as other vendors, adhering to BCCK guidelines. Civil engineers also maintain direct contact with other engineering, project assistants, project management and upper management, serving as the focal point of communication for different groups as it relates to the process design.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and other software tools, as required for the job.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as technical writing and documentation skills.
- Proficiency with company and industry codes and standards applicable to the gas processing industry.
- Ability to cope with fast-paced, rapidly changing project requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with vendors and provide assistance to various BCCK departments.
- General understanding of projects, contracts terms, concepts and terminology.
- Must be highly motivated, customer focused, able to prioritize, detailed, capable of multitasking and able to follow through on all tasks to completion.
- Some travel for equipment inspection and plant startup and commissioning will be required.