The Document Control Assistant is responsible for the overall handling and maintenance of company documents pertaining to company projects. This position is significant to the flow of work between Project Managers and Project Coordinators. The Document Control Assistant’s main responsibility is to assist and support management in overseeing projects from inception to final completion, with the utmost professionalism and client-service focus. In addition, this position will assist the General Manager and Document Control Manager with the development, implementation and optimization of new and existing document control procedures.
- Set up and maintain project files following an established file indexing system.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (POs), Change Orders (COs) and Transmittals.
- Meet with General Manager and Document Control Manager as needed regarding existing projects, project and group needs and upcoming deadlines.
- Focal point for all incoming and outgoing documentation to clients, vendors and inter-office needs.
- Oversee the process of invoicing in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist Document Control Manager to meet departmental deadlines and goals.
- Provide clerical support such as copying, filing, binder compilation and other tasks as assigned.
- Track and develop reports to identify progress of cost-saving initiatives and process efficiencies for NGF Construction.
- Develop and assist with implementation of processes for efficiency improvements and provide customer service and departmental support.
- Identify, research and coordinate to resolve problems relating to purchasing issues.
- Verify and input vendor data into system.
- Develop reports to track vendors and category spending.
- Analyze, identify and communicate information regarding purchases.
- Accurately maintain electronic storage of all documentation per Document Control guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Self-directed, have the ability to work independently, highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, carry out tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy with complex and sensitive documents.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Computer-savvy and well-versed in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience using various office machines.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational skills.